Sorry, this job has expired.
Bachman Auto Group, a fast-paced, progressive, professional, customer-driven company, is now seeking a customer-oriented individual to join our staff as a Title Clerk.
As the Title Clerk you will process car deals and handle the legal transfer of documents for the Department of Motor Vehicles.
• Process all new and used vehicles for registration in the state in which they will be titled. Prepare necessary tax and title documents.
• Verify that funds have been collected before processing title applications.
• Submit all legal transfer work to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
• Sign over titles for all wholesalers who have paid in full. Prepare a monthly report to management of any funds not collected from wholesalers due to missing or incomplete title work.
• Direct title runner in daily routines.
• Check and distribute license tags that have been processed at courthouse. Verify that lien has been recorded.
• Maintain used vehicle titles and certificate of origins (C of O).
• Maintain a system to verify out-of-state titles.
• Arrange for sheriff inspections on vehicles as needed.
• Compile and maintain a complete list of all outstanding title work. Report to management on the status of any missing or problem titles and provides a current list of problems to the controller and office manager at the end of each month
• Stay abreast of title regulations. Attend seminars held by local licensing bureaus and any available training on title regulations.
• Issue written memos to managers and all sales personnel regarding title regulations and procedural changes.
• Process annual renewal of dealer tags in conjunction with controller.
• Maintain and distribute dealer tags to new sales persons.
• Process annual renewal of Sales Licenses for Sales and F&I departments as well as for new sales hires.
• Complie with federal and company regulations regarding the collection, storage, and disposal of customers personal, non-public information as designated by the Federal Trade Commission guidelines.
• Maintain a professional appearance and neat work area.
• Assist with special projects as necessary.
• Cross train other employees as directed by management.
• Fill in for other office positions as directed by management.
• Provide relief to receptionist position on a rotating daily schedule and when otherwise directed.
• Miscellaneous filing.